What’s new in the latest 8×8 update
8×8 have issued an update (Version 6.9.3 published on 01/07/20) to their Virtual Office platform, we wanted to summarise the changes for you:
Core & Voice
- Incoming call popup overhaul.
- InCall UX productivity overhaul (e.g. easier to Promote Call to Meeting).
- Option to easily transfer from Call Logs and Directory.
- New Profile panel to replace the native menu.
- Default hidden native menu on Windows.
- Quit app via the Windows taskbar icon.
- One-click presence change via the Windows taskbar icon.
- Proactive DND user awareness.
- User control on feedback screenshots.
- SMP Account Settings opened outside VOD in the default browser.
- Settings > Audio & Video guiding to the Meetings area.
- [Meet Now] icon in the 1:1 chat header.
- New [Meet now] new video icon.
- Enhanced display results for the Expert Finder bot.
- Enhanced tooltip UX (with 8×8/oxygen-tooltip).
In addition to core and voice, some of the System requirements may have changed as well. Accordingly, we have listed 8×8 recommendations for you below:
- Operating System
- Windows 7 and newer
*Click here for important information about Windows 7 support.
- MacOS 10.10 and newer
*Click here for important information about macOS X Yosemite support.
- Windows 7 and newer
- Hardware Requirements
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit).
- 16 GB of available hard-disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit).
- Browser Compatibility
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or newer.
- Google Chrome 5.0 or newer.
- Firefox 2.0 or newer.
- Safari 3.0 or newer.
- Minimum 1.5 Mbps down/up (Cable modem, DSL, or better).
In addition to these changes and for a complete list of requirements, refer to the Technical Requirements.
You can also download the latest version of 8×8 Virtual Office here: https://support.8×8.com/cloud-phone-service/voice/virtual-office-desktop/download-virtual-office-desktop
If you have any issues with this version, or if you have any questions about your services, please get in touch email@example.com. We’re always glad to talk 8×8 matters, and we’re also happy to help.