June 2020 8×8 UPDATE
8×8 have issued an update (Version 6.8.4 (7) published on 26/5/20) to their Virtual Office platform, we wanted to summarise the changes for you:
Core & Voice
- Allow screening multiple calls that come in at the same time
- Support up to 6 calls in progress (licensing pending, needs PS to be enabled)
- See Called Party (Callee) in the in-app incoming call banner
- Use Meet Now (video icon) directly from the In-Call screen (easier to promote call to meeting)
- Option to remove conferenced-in party after consultation
- Allow queuing multiple faxes
- Fax badge counts Unread instead of New (to be Voice consistent & informative)
- Allow privacy-high-control MSI deploy flags
- Proactive End-of-Life user experience
- When [Call using Deskphone] make the user aware Audio & Video settings don’t apply
- Disable iLBC and RTP redundancy as a codec option when connected via Ethernet
- Only mask notifications chat preview when screen is shared
- Display always on top notification window when content is being shared
- Bluetooth Beacon library integrated in VOD to allow rapid pairing with 8×8 Meeting Rooms
- Improvements to xmpp resolving and reconnect logic (6.7 and 6.8).
Bug Fixes in This Version
- Blank screen for meeting tab if VOD starts without an internet connection.
You can download the latest version of 8×8 Virtual Office here:
If you have any issues with this June 2020 8×8 update, or if you have any questions about your services, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to help.